Dermal fillers, including hyaluronic or poly-L-lactic acid products, provide a safe and effective treatment to help meet your desired cosmetic goals by restoring youthful facial contours. Fillers work to soften or eliminate wrinkles, smoothing your skin. While their effects are temporary, these injectable treatments can provide long-lasting results.
If you are considering aesthetic medicine to slow down the effects of aging but are not quite ready for surgery, dermal fillers can be an excellent treatment for you. Still, with so many options available, it may be challenging to understand which products will help you achieve your goals.
Research before your appointment can help you ask relevant questions at your clinic of choice and set realistic expectations. Here is a list of dermal fillers to address the cosmetic concerns you wish to resolve.
Juvéderm for Lift and Volume
Some of the most popular dermal fillers for correcting facial lines, wrinkles, and volume loss are from the Juvéderm product line. The active ingredient in this collection is hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar your body uses to retain moisture, promote softness, and add volume to underlying skin tissues. Each product in the Juvéderm family has a slightly different consistency that makes them ideal for specific facial areas.
- Juvéderm Vollure XC reduces smile lines around the mouth and nose.
- Juvéderm Voluma XC increases cheek volume for improved facial contours.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC plumps up lips and softens vertical lip lines.
Results from Juvéderm are almost immediate and can last from nine months to two years, depending on the formula used and the area treated.
Restylane for Natural Beauty
Restylane products reverse the signs of facial aging for a natural-looking outcome. From sun-damaged skin to unsightly wrinkles, Restylane brings a youthful glow to your face and adds volume to your lips.
Also formulated with hyaluronic acid, Restylane offers a solution to several cosmetic concerns, including:
- Original Restylane can plump cheek areas, correct moderate to severe folds, and smooth wrinkles in the corners of your mouth.
- Restylane Lyft can contour cheeks and add volume to the backs of your hands.
- Restylane Kysse addresses lips that lose color, volume, and elasticity with age.
- Restylane Contour is an excellent cheek filler to add volume to the midface.
Restylane outcomes last six to 18 months, depending on the treatment area and your unique body chemistry.
Sculptra is an injectable dermal filler to restore facial volume loss due to illness or aging. It contains poly-L-lactic acid, a biocompatible synthetic substance that promotes collagen production. It is effective on deep lines, creases, and folds for a more youthful appearance. It also treats facial fat loss in people living with HIV.