What Is a Deep Plane Facelift in Atlanta?
A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, revitalizes your appearance by removing baggy skin and tightening the muscles of your face and neck. This surgery diminishes wrinkles and eliminates sagging caused by age, sun exposure, and simple genetics. With a deep plane facelift, many patients feel like they look 10 to 15 years younger.
Are there Different Types of Facelifts?
At Radiance Aesthetic Surgery & Wellness Spa, Dr. C. Carson Huynh is proud to be able to offer both a deep plane facelift technique (Multiplanar Multivector Facelift or MMF) and a mini lift option, depending on each individual patient’s need. Multiplanar refers to lifting multiple layers of facial tissue (skin, fat, fascia and muscle layers called SMAS) long lasting results. Multivector refers to repositioning the underlying SMAS layer and overlying skin in different directions for natural looking results. Typically, men and women in their late forties to fifties with moderate to advanced facial aging are the best candidates for a deep plane facelift. Those who have mild to moderate facial aging changes in their thirties or early forties may be suitable candidates for a mini facelift. A thorough examination and consultation with Dr. Huynh will help you decide which treatment option is best for you.
How is a Deep Plane Facelift Done?
- Intravenous sedation or general anesthesia is most commonly used for maximal patient comfort and safety.
- Face lift incisions are hidden inside the hairline at the temple, in front of the ear, then around the earlobe and behind the ear, ending at the scalp area.
- A small separate incision is also placed in a nonvisible area under the chin for the necklift procedure.
- Sagging underlying muscles and connective tissues are repositioned to the natural youthful state, and excess skin is removed. This is the most important component of a deep plane facelift and necklift.
- In most cases, fatty deposits are also removed from beneath the chin and neck.
- Because the deep-plane technique repositions the underlying connective tissue (SMAS) layer, the skin flap can be passively repositioned and to avoid the unnatural, wind-tunnel look often associated with conventional superficial face lifts procedures. For this reason, Dr. Carson Huynh recommends a deep plane facelift for his facial rejuvenation patients who want stable, long lasting and natural looking results.
- Finally, incisions are closed meticulously with very fine sutures. Once final healing is completed, typically around six months, the incisions are hardly noticeable.
Deep Plane Facelift and Necklift Benefits
- A renewed sense of self-confidence and happiness with one’s physical appearance
- Tightened muscle tissue underneath the skin, providing a firm foundation on which to smooth the skin.
- Firmer skin, reversing signs of aging that result from skin elasticity.
- An improved facial, jawline and neck contour, restoring the natural shape of the face that has changed over time from aging
Dr. Huynh’s skills have helped enhance the appearance of men and women across the Atlanta region, including deep plant facelift and necklift patients from Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, Marietta, Kennesaw, Cumming and Brookhaven, GA.
Why Choose Dr. Carson Huynh for your Deep Plane Face Lift?
- Dr. Carson Huynh is dual board certified, fellowship-trained and experienced in face lift surgery. His practice is focused exclusively on facial surgery. He is active member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS).
- He is one of only ten percent of all cosmetic and plastic surgeons are capable of performing a deep plane face lift. His Extended Multiplanar Multivector Facelift Technique results are natural and long-lasting.
- He only schedules one deep plane face lift patient per day. This ensures that each face lift patient receives the very best care and attention possible before, during, and after treatment.
Dr. Huynh often encourages patients to consult with several different surgeons before deciding on a face lift surgeon. It is important to know which technique of face lift is offered by a doctor and see their actual patients’ before and after photos. It is also important that you feel comfortable with the doctor and have all your questions answered.
What to Expect for Deep Plane Facelift and Necklift Recovery
- A firm compression face band is applied and should be worn for first 2 days to minimize swelling and bruising
- Mild to moderate swelling and bruising is normal during the first 7-10 days after a deep plane facelift and neck lift and typically peaks on day 2 or 3.
- Avoid heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 2 weeks. Your doctor will advise you when it’s safe to return to normal activity level
- You may bathe and clean your incisions daily
- An anti-inflammatory and pain killer medication is prescribed to alleviate any discomfort during the first several days. Many patients require little to none pain killers after these procedures.
How Much Does a Deep Plane Face lift Cost in Atlanta?
Like all procedures, the cost of your facelift in Atlanta will depend on the extent of the treatment. To get a better idea of a price for you, please contact our friendly and professional staff at Radiance Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine to schedule a consultation.
During your initial appointment, we will be happy to answer any questions you have about facelift prices in Atlanta. Our payment options include cash and credit cards, as well as cashier and personal checks. You may also qualify for financing through CareCredit®.
At Radiance Aesthetic Surgery & Wellness Spa, we believe that a facelift should be an affordable option for residents in and around Atlanta. Our excellent services have enhanced the lives of individuals throughout the area, including facelift patients in Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, Marietta, and Brookhaven, GA.
Disclaimer: Actual patient unretouched before and after photos. Individual results will vary, and no guarantee is stated or implied by any photo/video use or any statement on this web site. Please see the full disclaimer.